Saturday, November 21, 2009

Presentations

Today people started their presentations and here is my overview on them:
Windows 7
Having used Windows 7 before it was even released to the public this presentation was pretty basic and review for me. I personally find Aero snap to be annoying so that is the first thing I disable on Windows 7. If you have a lot of windows open it will automatically move it to the edge if you get to close which is what I find annoying. I found their slides to be biased since my own personal obseravations and other website benchmarks show Windows XP to be faster than Windows 7 in most tasks.
Presenters did good job with coordination amongst themselves I must add.


IPTV
I have to admit I never head of this before now. I don't personally see it as going anywhere though since there have been similar technologies like Divx that never got popular and didn't go anywhere. The problem in my opinion is that the web is already suffering from bandwdith problems. I notice the internet actually being slower than several years ago before people started transfering tons of video, watching tv and making phone calls over the internet. At least that's what it seems like to me. They would have to come up with some really revolutionary compression to make any money.

iPhone Applications

Like the Windows 7 presentation a lot of this was repetitive for me since I've already dabled in iPhone programming before on my own. I'd guess the majority of the audience was lost with all the technical information on Xcode and Objective-C though. I'm looking forward to taking the iPhone class next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment