Monday, September 21, 2009

Learning Journal entry 3

During lecture we had the visual design and web design teachers come it. You could tell they are really passionate about their jobs since they talked and talked. I learned that there are collectors for everything including chairs!
Google wave was also mentioned but still not sure what it is. Sounds like Microsoft officelive equivalent?

The only internships, ILP, or the graduation processes talked about in class were the various instructors personal experiences going through college. For example, professor Lockwood talked about here internship experiences and not graduating until she was 30 or so.

Eric Klinger visited again and showed everyone how to make appointments using Google calendar.
We were all told that we needed advisors. He also left some copies of the CSIT ILP forms that can be found on the web and gave out free pens!
He didn't really mention anything I didn't already know since I've already looked at most of those forms before transfering here. I guess I'll find out what the differences between major,concentration,final MLO, etc are when I meet again with him.

Looking at the excel list there are advisors for specific concentrations it seems. I don't know if you can change your mind once you pick so I'm going to hold off on choosing on for now but it'll probably be Network related concentration. So it might be Dr. Narayanan but I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment